A triple chocolate cheesecake. Doesn’t that just sound heavenly? This decadent dessert has a crispy oreo crust, a rich chocolate filling, and a creamy chocolate ganache, topped with light creamy homemade whipped cream, and some fun, elegant chocolate art.
What’s a birthday celebration without a (cheese)cake? My brothers 19th birthday was this past weekend and as the designated house baker, I have the honors of making the birthday desserts. My brother’s two favorite desserts are chocolate, and cheesecake, and when you can add the two into one spectacular dessert, that’s exactly what you do.
Pinterest is always my go to option for fun creative cakes and desserts, that’s where I found this scrumptious recipe.
My cheesecake ^
24 Oreo cookies-finely crushed
1/4 cup unsalted butter-melted
2 lbs. cream cheese- room temperature
1 1/3 cups powdered sugar
3 Tablespoon cocoa powder
4 eggs- room temperature
10 ounces bittersweet chocolate-chopped
3/4 cup heavy cream
6 oz. bittersweet chocolate-finely chopped
1 Tablespoon granulated sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F, grease a 9-inch springform pan and set aside.
- Finely crush the cookies in a food processor, add melted butter and blend until it’s all moistened.
- Press crumb mixture onto the bottom of the prepared pan and bake for 8 minutes. Remove from the oven and set on a wire rack to cool while making the filling.
- Melt 10 ounces bittersweet chocolate and set aside to cool.
- Mix cream cheese and sugar until smooth, mix in cocoa powder
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing on low-speed and do not overbeat it.
- Add melted chocolate and mix on low-speed to combine.
- Pour the filling over the crust and smooth the top.
- Bake the cheesecake until the center is set and the top looks dry (about 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes).
- Cool on a wire rack for 5 minutes, then run a thin knife around the sides of the pan and set the cake in the refrigerator (uncovered), for at least 8 hours, or better overnight.
- In a medium saucepan stir together cream, chocolate and sugar on low heat until the chocolate is completely melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Cool and pour over the cheesecake.
- When the topping is set and cooled again run a thin knife around the sides and remove the springform pan sides.
- This cheesecake can be prepared up to 2-3 days in advance just store covered in the refrigerator.
- Garnish with chocolate curls (optional).